Spring Semester 2019 Fellowship Competition
The Center for Slavic and East European Studies (CSEES) is now accepting applications for a Spring Semester 2019 FLAS Fellowship Competition. The deadline for application submittal is Friday, October 5, 2018, 4:30PM EST. Please read below for specific information on the competition.
- Applicants will need to submit their application online through Qualtrics.
- Before beginning an application, undergraduate students should consult the Spring Semester 2019 Undergraduate FLAS Info Sheet and graduate or professional students should consult the Spring Semester 2019 Graduate FLAS Info Sheet for specific information on eligibility requirements and application instructions for their particular competition.
- Before completing the Online Application Form, applicants should review the information sheets and information below to have all the necessary information on hand and additional documents ready for uploading as they complete the form. The Online Form should take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete and should be completed at one time. A Spring 2019 FLAS Application Preview is available to guide applicants. Applications must be submitted online through Qualtrics itself.
- In addition to completing the Online Application Form, applicants will need to have their referees submit letters of reference separately. Within the Online Application Form, applicants will indicate who is providing letters of reference for them. Then the applicant will complete the Spring 2019 CSEES FLAS Recommendation Form and provide this to their referee. The referee will need to submit their letter of recommendation by Friday, October 5, 2018.
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must also be submitted separately-note that if the applicant has already done so for the 2018-19 academic year, they do not need to do so again.
- Failure to completely or accurately fill out the Online Application Form, submitting a FAFSA, and providing letters of reference by the published deadlines will cause the applicant’s application to be disqualified.
Applicants for Spring 2019
For all spring 2019 applicants, a complete application will consist of:
- The completed Online Application Form;
- An up-to-date OSU Advising Report and transcripts from other previous institutions - these will be uploaded as part of the Online Application Form;
- A one-page, single-spaced Statement of Intent - this will be uploaded as part of the Online Application Form;
- A Budget Estimate section in the Online Application Form with supporting documentation attached;
- Three Letters of reference submitted directly from the referee on the applicant’s behalf. Applicants will provide the names of the referees in the Online Application Form and will then send the Spring 2019 CSEES FLAS Recommendation Form directly to the referee themselves. Letters of references must also be received by Friday, October 5, 2018 and submitted by the recommender to Eileen Kunkler by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) submitted to OSU’s office of Student Financial Aid.
Announcement for Spring 2019 Competition Results
CSEES will announce the results of the Spring 2019 Competition by the end of the first week of November 2018.
Two information sessions will be held on Friday, September 21 and Monday, September 24.
Please contact Eileen Kunkler, the FLAS Coordinator, for any questions about the fellowship and application process, by phone at (614)292-8770 or by email at email@example.com.
Summer 2019 and Academic Year 2019-20 Competitions
CSEES will run also be running a competition for regular Summer 2019 and Academic Year 2019-20 fellowships. More information on these competitions will be forthcoming in October and November 2018.