Summer 2021 and Academic Year 2021-22 FLAS Fellowship Competition
The Summer 2021 and Academic Year 2021-22 FLAS Fellowship Competition from the Center for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies (CSEEES) is now closed. The deadline for application submission was Monday, February 1, 2021 4:30PM EST. Below is information on the 2021-22 competition to serve as a reference for future applicants.
- Applicants will need to submit their application online through Qualtrics.
- Before beginning an application, all student should review the appropriate information below for specific information on eligibility requirements and application instructions for their particular competition:
- Before completing the Online Application Form, applicants should review the information sheets and information below to have all the necessary information on hand and additional documents ready for uploading as they complete the form. The Online Form should take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete and should be completed at one time. A is available to assist applicants to prepare needed materials in advance.
- In addition to completing the Online Application Form, applicants will need to have their referees submit letters of reference separately. Within the Online Application Form, applicants will indicate who is providing letters of reference for them. Then the applicant will complete the and provide this to their referee. The referee will need to submit their letter of recommendation by Monday, February 1, 2021.
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must also be submitted for the 2021-22 academic year to Ohio State's office of Student Financial Aid by the priority deadline of February 1, 2021.
- Failure to completely or accurately fill out the Online Application Form, submitting a FAFSA, and providing letters of reference by the published deadlines will cause the applicant’s application to be disqualified.
Applicants for Summer 2021 and Academic Year 2021-22:
For all applicants, a complete application will consist of:
- The completed Online Application Form;
- An up-to-date OSU Advising Report and transcripts from other previous institutions - these will be uploaded as part of the Online Application Form;
- A one-page, single-spaced Statement of Intent - this will be uploaded as part of the Online Application Form;
- A Budget Estimate section in the Online Application Form with supporting documentation attached;
- Three Letters of reference submitted directly from the referee on the applicant’s behalf. Applicants will provide the names of the referees in the Online Application Form and will then send the firstname.lastname@example.org note that recommendations cannot be received by mail or in-person--; and directly to the referee themselves. Letters of references must also be received by Monday, February 1, 2021 and submitted by the recommender to Eileen Kunkler by email to
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) submitted to OSU’s office of Student Financial Aid.
Announcement of Competition Results
CSEEES will announce the results of the competition by mid-March 2021.
All applicants are encouraged to attend a FLAS Information Session. Six information sessions have been scheduled in November and December. Visit our Events Page for a full listing. If a prospective applicant is unable to attend one, please email Eileen Kunkler, FLAS Program Coordinator, at email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
A copy of the PowerPoint Slides with recorded audio from these information sessions is also available to assist applicants. Attending an information sessions is still strongly recommended as application directions and tips will be covered in more detail.
Please contact Eileen Kunkler, the FLAS Coordinator, for any questions about the fellowship and application process, by phone at (614)247-1666 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. Please contact CSEEES directly at either email@example.com or (614)292-8770 if you need assistance in accessing these documents in alternate formats. PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
[PPT] - some links on this page are to PowerPoint files. Please contact CSEES directly at either firstname.lastname@example.org or (614)292-8770 if you need assistance in accessing these documents in alternate formats.