The Center for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies (CSEEES) is proud to offer two master's degree options for Foreign Area Officers:
- An MA in Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies, which can be completed in 18 months; or
- A Mid-Career Professional Track in Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies that can be completed in 12 months.
Academic benefits of our MA program include:
- Approved low-cost designation - active duty service members are eligible for in-state tuition;
- Excellent regional study options for politics, culture, history, and law of the region that cover the Balkans, Central Asia, Central Europe, and Eastern Europe, including Russia;
- Ability to work closely with world-renowned, expert faculty;
- Opportunity for continued language study;
- Summer semester coursework available;
- Rigorous program advising by CSEEES staff and faculty advisor;
- Assistance and familiarity with completing required paperwork for FAOs;
- Thesis or exam graduation option;
- Proximity to a DLPT testing center in the Columbus suburb of Gahanna;
- Ability to defer enrollment after completing application to desired start date;
- Established track record with FAOs - 17 FAOs have graduated from our program since 1991; and
- Access to the Mershon Center for International Security Studies.
Additional benefits for FAOs and their families:
- Support from Ohio State's Military and Veterans Services;
- Low cost of living;
- Access to high-quality K-12 education and schools;
- Family friendly neighborhoods such as Bexley, Dublin, Gahanna, Grandview, Grove City, Hilliard, Powell, Reynoldsburg, Upper Arlington, Westerville, and Worthington;
- In-state tuition for spouses and dependents of active duty service members;
- Living in a thriving, developing Midwestern city; and
- Big 10 sports!