The Summer Global Teacher Seminars are week-long seminars that aim to inform teachers about global issues and provide pedagogical training to help teachers incorporate new content into their curricula. Seminar themes are selected to align with Ohio education content standards. Seminars deepen teachers’ understanding of an issue by going through detailed case studies from around the world, specifically Africa, East Asia, Eastern Europe and Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Please visit the Global Teacher Seminars website for more information on seminars, and to find resource guides and lesson plans that have been created for them.
Participating teachers receive:
- Continuing Education Units (typically at least two)
- Participation stipend
- Resource guides
- Curriculum materials
- Pedagogical support
More information on the 2023 seminar will be available in Spring 2023. Please check back for more details.
- 2022, Global Competency and the UN's Global Goals
- 2021, Global Protests and Social Justice Activism
- 2020, Where Does Our Food Come from? Global Agriculture and Economic Sustainability
- 2019, Global Environmental Issues: The Problems, Solutions, and Potential Outcomes
- 2017, Human Rights in Global Perspective, Mass Atrocities and State-Sponsored Violence
- 2016, Water Security for the 21st Century