Summer 2022 and Academic Year 2022-23 FLAS Fellowship Competition
The Summer 2022 and Academic Year 2022-23 FLAS Fellowship Competition from the Center for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies (CSEEES) is now accepting applications. The deadline for application submission is Tuesday, February 1, 2022 4:30PM EST.
- Applicants will need to submit their application online through Qualtrics (link below).
Before beginning an application, all students should review the appropriate information sheet below for specific information on eligibility requirements and application instructions for their particular competition:
Before completing the Online Application Form, applicants should review the information sheets and information below to have all the necessary information on hand and additional documents ready for uploading as they complete the form. The Online Form should take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete and should be completed at one time.
- A is available to assist applicants to prepare needed materials in advance.
- In addition to completing the Online Application Form, applicants will need to have their referees submit letters of reference separately. Within the Online Application Form, applicants will indicate who is providing letters of reference for them. Then the applicant will complete the and provide this to their referee. The referee will need to submit their letter of recommendation by Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must also be submitted for the 2022-23 academic year to Ohio State's office of Student Financial Aid by the priority deadline of February 1, 2022.
- Failure to completely or accurately fill out the Online Application Form, submitting a FAFSA, and providing letters of reference by the published deadlines will cause the applicant’s application to be disqualified.
Applicants for Summer 2022 and Academic Year 2022-23:
For all applicants, a complete application will consist of:
- The completed Online Application Form;
- An up-to-date OSU Advising Report and transcripts from other previous institutions - these will be uploaded as part of the Online Application Form;
- A one-page, single-spaced Statement of Intent - this will be uploaded as part of the Online Application Form;
- A Budget Estimate section in the Online Application Form with supporting documentation attached;
- Three Letters of reference submitted directly from the referee on the applicant’s behalf. Applicants will provide the names of the referees in the Online Application Form and will then send the firstname.lastname@example.org; and directly to the referee themselves. Letters of references must also be received by Tuesday, February 1, 2022 and submitted by the recommender to Emma Pratt at
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) submitted to OSU’s office of Student Financial Aid.
Announcement of Competition Results
CSEEES will announce the results of the Summer 2022 competition by mid-March 2022. Results for the 2022-23 Academic Year competition will be announced once the results of the Title VI NRC/FLAS competition are announced by the U.S. Department of Education. We will update 2022-23 academic year fellowship applicants as we get more information.
All applicants are encouraged to attend a FLAS Information Session. Seven information sessions have been scheduled in November and December. Visit our Events Page for a full listing. If a prospective applicant is unable to attend one, please email Emma Pratt, FLAS Program Coordinator, at email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
We have created a short video of the slide presentation used at the information session to help to address basic questions and background information. Attending an information session is still strongly recommended as application directions and tips will be covered in much more detail.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. Please contact CSEEES directly at either firstname.lastname@example.org or (614)292-8770 if you need assistance in accessing these documents in alternate formats. PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.