The Center for Slavic and East European Studies is now accepting applications for Summer 2021 and Academic Year 2021-22 Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships. Applications are being sought from undergraduate, graduate, and professional students who are engaged in a course of study requiring advanced language and area studies training in a language(s) of Eastern Europe and Eurasia, including Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish, and Uzbek. Full details on the fellowship, eligibility, and application process can be found on the competition's webpage.
We strongly encourage all prospective applicants to attend an information session. All information sessions for the 2021-22 competition will be held online. Please register in advance for an information session using a link below.
Dates and Times:
- Thursday, November 5, 4:30-5:30PM EST / Register here.
- Tuesday, November 10, 11:00AM-12:00PM EST / Register here.
- Wednesday, November 18, 5:00-6:00PM EST / Register here.
- Tuesday, November 24, 11:00AM-12:00PM EST / Register here.
- Wednesday, December 2, 4:30-5:30PM EST / Register here.
- Monday, December 7, 2:00-3:00PM EST / Register here.
If unable to attend one of the sessions, please email Eileen Kunkler, the FLAS Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
If you have any questions about accessibility or wish to request accommodations, please contact us at email@example.com. Typically, a two weeks' notice will allow us to provide seamless access.