The Center for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies is now accepting applications for Summer 2022 and Academic Year 2022-23 Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships. Applications are being sought from undergraduate, graduate, and professional students who are engaged in a course of study requiring advanced language and area studies training in a language(s) of Eastern Europe and Eurasia, including Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish, and Uzbek. Full details on the fellowship, eligibility, and application process can be found on the competition's webpage.
We strongly encourage all prospective applicants to attend an information session. Information sessions will be held both in-person and online. Please register in advance for online information sessions using the links below. Please note the locations for in-person sessions.
Dates and Times:
- Monday, November 15: 3:00 - 4:00PM, Enarson Classroom Building, Room 160
- Tuesday, November 16: 4:30 - 5:30PM, ONLINE -- Register
- Wednesday, November 17: 10:30 - 11:30AM, Enarson Classroom Building, Room 160
- Thursday, November 18: 6:00 - 7:00PM, ONLINE -- Register
- Tuesday, November 30: 3:00 - 4:00PM, Enarson Classroom Building, Room 100
- Wednesday, December 1: 11:30AM - 12:30PM, Enarson Classroom Building, Room 160
- Thursday, December 2: 5:00PM – 6:00PM, ONLINE --Register
If unable to attend one of the sessions, please email Eileen Kunkler, the FLAS Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact Eileen Kunkler at email@example.com. Requests made one week in advance of the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.